Helps to maintain open airways and easy, comfortable breathing
- Helps maintain normal opening of the airways
- Supports normal histamine levels in the lungs
- Helps your pet have a normal response to environmental allergens
- Assists normal respiratory immune modulation
What is Respir-Gold?
Respir-Gold is a liquid, herbal supplement for canines of all ages. This product contains five unique ingredients, extracted at different strengths, for maximum benefit. Respir-Gold was designed for daily, long-term use to help maintain strong, open airways in dogs.
What is Respir-Gold used for?
Respir-Gold was formulated for supporting the health of the airways, resulting in comfortable, easy breathing. Some dogs have more sensitive lungs. When they inhale the particles in their environments, the airways may have responses that affect breathing. By mediating a normal immune response, the airways are supported to be normally dilated (open) with normal amounts of mucus secretion.
The formula can be used consistently to elicit normal breathing. In other words: a full in-breath and a full out-breath. Please see the notes from our veterinarian in the Cautions section to ensure you have ruled out infections like pneumonia or bronchitis, and the absence of lungworm. Our veterinarian also urges prompt veterinary care for respiratory distress. Respir-Gold is a gentle, natural formula that can help maintain normal breathing with continued and consistent use. It will not replace urgent medical attention. It is also not for infections. Lung infections require prompt veterinary care.
The benefit of this formula is efficient flow of air into and out of the lungs, by helping to maintain normal tissues in the bronchi (airways).
This is what may currently be occurring in the lungs of your dog:
- Inhaled particles cause an immune response
- The airways constrict and a protective layer of mucus forms
- The passage of air into and out of the airways becomes more limited
Respir-Gold contains the active ingredients necessary for a normal immune response in the lungs. How your dog responds to Respir-Gold will be individual. Allow two to four weeks, minimum, for the full effects of the formula to take effect. If your pet has been prescribed medication for asthma, continue to use the medication, as recommended. Eventually, with the help of your veterinarian, it may be possible to decrease the amount or even discontinue use.
A Note from our Veterinarian:
Respir-Gold is not an alternative to veterinary care or prescribed medications. It is intended as a supportive measure in addition to these things. Acute respiratory distress (i.e. your dog cannot get enough air in and out of the lungs) is a medical emergency. Do not rely on Respir-Gold if your dog is in respiratory distress. If your dog is having a lot of difficulty breathing, rapid breathing, is constantly coughing, hacking, and/or wheezing, please seek veterinary care immediately.
Respiratory health and healthy oxygenation of the airways can be affected by many different things. If you are seeking support for your dog's lungs, Respir-Gold can help; however, it will not help if your dog has the following conditions:
- Lungworm (or other parasites in the lungs)
You will need to get specific help for your dog, if he or she has any of those conditions. Alternatively, hairballs may cause coughing and wheezing as well. Make sure you understand the causes for your dog's respiratory signs.
Respir-Gold is Formulated With
- Black Cumin seed (Nigella sativa): Nigella is the main ingredient in Respir-Gold; its action has been extensively studied for its ability to assist normal immune responses in the lungs, with positive results eliciting normal breathing patterns.
- Horehound aerial parts (Marrubium vulgare): This herb is used extensively in preparations for the upper respiratory tract. It is of particular use for normal mucus production in the bronchi.
- Grindelia flowering aerial parts (Grindelia spp.): This lovely yellow flowering plant has been used traditionally and studied for its use in the respiratory system. It may provide comfort to hoarse and raw lungs and throat.
- Boswellia gum (Boswellia spp.): A traditional Ayurvedic gum resin, Boswellia has been shown to be a potent ingredient for expiratory flow rates and consistent comfort with breathing.
- English Ivy (Hedera helix): Commonly used in European herbal preparations for the lungs, Ivy is known to assist with normal and comfortable breathing by supporting respiratory function. Ivy contains amounts of a constituent called saponins (mainly a natural chemical called Hederacoside C). The saponins in Ivy assist with cellular response, resulting in normal mucus production.
... 407 mg per ml (20 drops/ml)
Herbs are certified organic or ethically wild-harvested
Inactive ingredients: Deionized water, natural bacon flavor, vegetable glycerin