The most popular Lickimat has been supersized!!!
28 x 28 cm / 11" x 11"
Lickimat™ Boredom Busters are designed to enhance your pet’s environment as well as benefiting their health. Lickimats are designed as tasty boredom busters for your cat or dog. By spreading your pet's favourite soft treat over the surface, you create a tasty fun game with them having seek out every morsel with their tongue. Freeze treats in summer for refreshing longer lasting entertainment. Works well as a slow feeder for cats. Recommended by vets and animal behaviourists worldwide!
- Medical free way to promote calm behaviour in your pet while home alone or during stressful times, like storms
- Great for calming pets before a procedure/treatment e.g. at vets or groomers
- Repetitive licking is soothing for your pet, releasing a calming the hormone into the body
- No over feeding because Lickimat makes a small tasty treat last longer
- Licking enhances the sense of taste, allowing pet to enjoy just a small amount of food
- Helps promote fresh breath by scraping off bacteria and undigested food particles from the tongue
- Stimulates saliva production and helps clean tongue, teeth and gums
- Saliva production can aid digestion as it contains enzymes like Amylase
Benefits of Licking and Slow-Feeding Your Pet
Repetitive licking can help calm and soothe your pet by releasing a certain hormone (endorphins) that aids in relaxation and de-stressing. Licking is like a massage to your pet, so using a Lickimat product can help make stressful situations, like going to the vet or being at home alone, easier to handle for your pet. For example, if your dog bites the front of their paws while they’re home alone, they can lick that open wound to help soothe the pain of the wound and reduce the anxiety they feel when no one is home with them.
Adding treats to the Lickimat entices your pet to the mat and encourages them to lick over the textured surface to stimulate the calming hormone and keeps them focused on a certain activity. Lickimats can also help redirect their licking behaviour to a specific point rather than all over your furniture, carpets, etc.
*Note: In some cases, if your pet’s licking has become excessive and constant, please consult your vet. Licking can be a way for your pet to ease pain due to medical conditions like arthritis or allergies. Licking may not always be because of anxiety or boredom.
You can use Lickimats to help slow-feed your pet. Slow-feeding is the process of forcing your pet to eat more slowly, and it’s ideal for pets that gulp down their food, eat other pets’ foods, and/or eat their food too fast, which can lead to indigestion and even choking. Lickimats like the Lickimat Buddy Deluxe give you a surface with limited space to help slow-feed your pet. Use the spaces between the textured patterns to sprinkle kibble around the mat and make your pet take their time with eating. You can also use these slow-feed pet aids to your advantage by controlling your dog’s portions. Slow-feeding can help improve overall feeding experience and digestion for your pet.
Make mealtimes less stressful for you and your pet with the Lickimat.
- Textured pet treat mat designed to help combat boredom and calm your dog to improve behaviour
- Can be used as a slow-feeding treat or food mat to help prolong meal and treat times – prevents indigestion and choking
- Great to use as a medical-free way to help calm and soothe your pet during stressful times or when they’re bored at home by themselves
- Provides a way for your pet to release a calming hormone to help them relax
- Stimulates saliva production to better digestion/gut health and helps clean the tongue to improve dental and oral health
- Makes your dog’s sense of taste more pronounced due to repetitive licking
- Made from non-toxic and food-grade TPR and PET materials
- Safe for dishwasher use and can be placed in freezer for frozen treats