What is Detox Gold?
Based on our original Life Gold formula, Detox Gold was reformulated specifically for supporting the body's normal channels of detoxification.
The natural ingredients in Detox Gold help a dog's body systems to get rid of unwanted matter (i.e. detoxify). Unhealthy substances can enter the body in food (preservatives and other chemicals), from the environment (herbicides/pesticides in gardens and lawns, or air pollution) and even from products we use in our homes.
Systems and organs of elimination include the liver, the GI tract, the lymph, lungs, the skin and the kidneys. Normal, everyday exposure to toxins in our environments, food chemicals, and medications are all materials that are processed by and need to be eliminated by the body. In addition, some dogs' habit of eating garbage or drinking from road puddles compounds the toxic load. One organ of detoxification that isn't often considered is the skin. Common sensitivities to foods or environmental conditions may show up on the skin.
Detox Gold supports your canine's long-term vitality, especially if he or she experiences sensitivities to foods or environmental substances. You may not even know what your dog is sensitive to. It's not usually easy to figure out.
Keeping your pet healthy by detoxifying
Our pets are exposed to far more pollutants than we are. Inside and outside, they live closer to the ground than we do. So they inhale pesticides, insecticides, fertilizers, and pollutants. In the home, they are breathing in the residues of cleaning products, detergents and dust. They also pick these toxins up on their paws, which they then lick, transferring them into their gastrointestinal systems.
Furthermore, many commercial dog foods contain large numbers of chemical preservatives, artificial colors and flavors, as well as fillers that our canines can’t digest. The result of our pets being exposed to all these toxins is that veterinarians are regularly reporting illnesses that were rarely seen a generation ago. Normal immune system responses can become overwhelmed by the accumulation of toxins. A breakdown in the immune system allows invading microorganisms to proliferate, resulting in illness.
Common symptoms of toxified animals include:
- Skin rashes and recurrent infections
- Constipation and diarrhea
- Urinary tract infections
- Liver problems
- Kidney problems
- Respiratory problems
Periodic detoxification, as a matter of course, may help to prevent the accumulation of toxic materials in a dog's body, and support the organs of elimination. A cleansing period is like giving the body a "tune-up". You wouldn't expect your car to function well without a tune-up, and the body is the same. A long, healthy life is the result of treating the body well.
Will Detox Gold Really Help My Pet?
Depending on the current health status of your pet, there may or may not be noticeable changes. Detox Gold works to support and maintain the organs of elimination without harsh purging or stimulation. Gentle detoxification is a process that works over days and weeks to restore a balanced state of health. In older canines or canines with long-standing health issues, there may be a more noticeable change and increase in vitality.
How long does it take before I see results?
Most pet owners that we have heard from reported they have noticed changes in their pet’s health after about a month or so. A detoxification process for a dog should not occur quickly or with dramatic purging like urgent bowel movements! This would undoubtedly leave the dog feeling sick, uncomfortable, and depleted of energy. Detox Gold does not induce purging of any sort.
Detox Gold is Formulated With:
- Nettle aerial parts (Urtica dioica): Sometimes referred to in herbal medicine as a "blood tonic", Nettle is high in minerals, chlorophyll, and contains histamine and Vitamin C. Nettle is used to help support the urinary tract, the lungs, the skin, and provide nutrition through easily-absorbed nutrients.
- Blessed Thistle herb (Cnicus benedictus): A long-used traditional plant, this restorative herb has been used for its detoxifying and cleansing properties, as well as for its antioxidant components and supporting normal cell regeneration.
- Burdock root (Arctium lappa): Burdock has been used for providing help to the liver (bile secretions), to support a healthy appetite, and for the maintenance of healthy cells in the presence of chemicals.
- Red Clover flowering aerial parts (Trifolium pratense): One of nature's primary "cleansing" herbs for lymphatic support and for maintenance of skin health.
- Sheep Sorrel herb (Rumex acetosella): High in Vitamin C and minerals, this herb has been widely used for lymphatic health, for health of the digestive tract, and as a detoxifier.
- Slippery Elm Bark (Ulmus rubra): High is mucilage, this slightly sweet tasting bark has been used for centuries in North America for soothing the digestive tract and absorbing toxins. It is highly nutritious with lots of antioxidants.
- Ginger rhizome (Zingiber officinale): Ginger has a long, traditional use for nausea, as an appetite stimulant, and for its warming, fortifying effect.
... 319 mg per ml (20 drops/ml)
Herbs are certified organic or ethically wild-harvested.
Inactive ingredients: Deionized water, natural bacon flavor, vegetable glycerin
Should I consult my veterinarian before using it?
If your vet is prescribing other treatment, it is always good to consult with her or him before administering other products or supplements to your dog.
Why Choose Detox Gold for Your Canine Friend?
- Certified Organic and Ethically Wild-Harvested: This formula is entirely prepared from organically grown and ethically wild-harvested herbs.
- Good Manufacturing Practices: All of our formulas are manufactured in a facility that adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Full Spectrum Extract: The full biochemical spectrum of the herbs is preserved to ensure the potency of the extract. All raw materials are tested for identification and purity.
- Every Batch Tested: Every batch of our Detox Gold is tested to ensure the highest quality and potency. Every single batch.
- FDA-Registered Facility: Our manufacturing facility is FDA-registered. Strict quality control procedures are meticulously monitored.
- FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine Guidelines: PetWellbeing.com complies with the provisions of the CVM's good guidance practices for pet dietary supplements. All ingredients and caution statements adhere to these national guidelines.