EXPIRY DATE : 10/2020
Dr. Mercola Antarctic Krill Oil for Dogs and Cats
Why Krill Oil is a great source of Omega-3s for Your Dog or Cat
Aside from the fact that krill are a thriving, highly sustainable food source, there are specific reasons why it is an optimal source of omega-3s for your pet.
- Krill is very well-absorbed, so your pet only needs about a fifth the dose of regular fish oil to receive the same benefits.
- Krill contains more EPA than fish oil – 240 mg/g in krill vs. 180 mg/g in fish oil
- Krill delivers its abundant EPA and DHA as phospholipids directly into your pet’s cells
- Krill provides natural antioxidant protection including vitamins A and E, plus astaxanthin and canthaxanthin
- Krill do not accumulate heavy metals
Dr. Mercola Healthy Pets Krill Oil for Pets uses a technologically-advanced airless pump delivery system that locks air and contaminants outside the container. That means
- no mess, no oily fingers, and no waste
- just the right amount of omega-3 fatty acids is dispensed, exactly where you want it!
- every pump is as fresh and pure as the first pump
Krill Oil for Pets is completely sustainable and is certified by the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC), a global leader in sustainability standards. Besides being more sustainable, Krill is also a short-lived fish that's likely to contain lower levels of contaminants than longer living fish, such as salmon.
More on sustainability and freshness:
In a recent sustainability report of 24 fisheries by NGO Sustainable Fisheries Partnership (SFP), the fishery that supplies the krill for Krill Oil for Pets was awarded the only “A” rating for sustainability and management strategy.
The fishery uses patent-pending technology that helps ensure unwanted by-catch (non-krill species) aren’t caught, and that the krill are kept alive until processing in order to maintain freshness and nutrients. You can even trace Krill Oil for Pets back to its sustainable place of harvest using the coordinates on the bottle!
Krill Oil, Astaxanthin (Krill Oil)
Medium Chain Triglycerides, Silicon Dioxide, Tocopherols (Vitamin E)